KAGES Student Paper Award
- 2016 KAUPA Student Paper Award
- 2016 KSEA Student Paper Award
The Student Paper Award aims to recognize high quality student articles published in the fields of Geography, Geospatial Technologies, and Environmental Sciences. At least one award will be given this year, with a maximum amount of $500 per awardee.
- KAGES membership valid at the time of application
- Applicants must be full-time graduate or undergraduate students in colleges/universities in North America.
- Former recipients of this award may re-apply after two years have passed since the award ceremony; namely, those who have received the award in the past two years are not allowed to join the current round of competition.
- KAGES Student Paper Award Application form: 2016_KAGES_paper_scholarship_application
- 1-page curriculum vitae
- An article published or manuscript under review/revision for publication in a peer-reviewed journal in the field in calendar years 2014-2016. The applicant must be a single or first author of the article.
- A 1-page cover letter
- At least one letter of recommendation from an academic advisor or equivalent stating the contribution of the applicant for the project (Please arrange a letter to email@example.com)
Application due date: 1/March/2016
Scholarship award notification: no later than 21/March/2016
Scholarship award ceremony: 2016 KAGES Annual Meeting, Thursday, 31 March (exact time and location, TBA)
Submission: Submit the application materials according to the instruction on the KAGES Web site (http://www.kages.org/season2/?p=606). Make sure that you log in to the Web site using your ID and password that you had received in the email from firstname.lastname@example.org before you begin the submission process, and contact email@example.com for assistance. Once you upload all the materials on the Web site, choose “Visibility” option as “Password Protected“. Enter the password for your post and click “OK” button, AND please send your password to firstname.lastname@example.org. It completes the submission process. See also www.kages.org for further updates.